Dr. Shobhit Mathur is staff radiologist and fellowship program supervisor for Emergency, Trauma and Acute Care Radiology at St. Michael’s Hospital. He is also Assistant Professor in the Department of Medical Imaging at the University of Toronto. His current research interests are evaluating the role of imaging in acute patient care, process improvement and advancing education in emergency and trauma imaging.
- Liu TY, Rai A, Ditkofsky N, Deva D, Dowdell TR, Ackery AD, Mathur S. Cost benefit analysis of portable chest radiography through glass: Initial experience at a tertiary care centre during COVID-19 pandemic. J Med Imaging Radiat Sci. 2021 doi: 10.1016/j.jmir.2021.03.036.
- Rai A, MacGregor K, Gontar A, Hunt B, Ditkofsky N, Deva D, Mathur S. Proof of Concept: Phantom Study to Ensure Quality and Safety of Portable Chest Radiography Through Glass During the COVID-19 Pandemic. Invest Radiol. 2021 Mar 1;56(3):135-140.
- Rai A, Ditkofsky N, Hunt B, Dubrawski M, Deva D, Mathur S. Portable Chest Radiography Through Glass During COVID-19 Pandemic—Initial Experience in a Tertiary Care Center. Can Assoc Radiol J. 2021 Feb;72(1):175-179.
- Sankhe S, Dang G, Mathur S, Muzumdar D. Utility of CISS imaging in the management of tethered cord syndrome. Childs Nerv Syst 2021 Jan;37(1):217-223.
- Karur GR, Mathur S, Morel CF, Iwanochko RM, Wald RM, Hanneman K. Increased Spread of Native T1 Assessed by MRI is a Marker of Cardiac Involvement in Fabry Disease. AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2021 Feb;216(2):355-361.
- Ditkofsky N, Colak E, Kirpalani A, Mathur S, Deva D, Pearce D, Bharatha A, Dowdell T. MR imaging in the presence of ballistic debris of unknown composition: a review of the literature and practical approach. Emerg Radiol. 2020 Oct;27(5):527-532.
- Mathur S, Pillenahalli Maheshwarappa R, Fouladirad S, Metwally O, Mukherjee P, Lin AW, Bharatha A, Nicolaou S, Ditkofsky N. Emergency Imaging in Pregnancy and Lactation. Can Assoc Radiol J. 2020 Jul;71(3)396-402.
- Gibney B, Redmond CE, Byrne D, Mathur S, Murray N. A review of the applications of dual-energy CT in acute neuroimaging. Can Assoc Radiol J. 2020 Jul;71(3) 253-265.
- Ditkofsky N, Mathur S, Maresk H. Imaging Ballistic Injuries. Can Assoc Radiol J. 2020 Jul;71(3) 335-343.
- Klostranec JM, Brinjikji W, Mathur S, Orru E, Andrade DM , Krings T. Cerebral Corticoarterial Malformations : A Case Series of Unilateral Polymicrogyria and Ipsilateral Arterial Dysplasia. Clin Neuroradiol. 2020 Jun;30(2):389-394
- Kennedy P, Vijayasarathi A, Hamid S, Niu B, Murray N, Mathur S, Nicolaou S, Khosa F Canadian and American Emergency Radiology Fellowship Websites: An Evaluation of Content Current Problems in Diagnostic Radiology, Curr Probl Diagn Radiol. 2020 May 31;S0363-0188(20)30110-9.
- Dreisbach JG, Mathur S, Houbois CP, Oechslin E, Ross H, Hanneman K, Wintersperger BJ. Cardiovascular magnetic resonance based diagnosis of left ventricular non-compaction cardiomyopathy: impact of cine bSSFP strain analysis. J Cardiovasc Magn Reson. 2020 Jan 30;22(1):9.
- Mathur S, Nicolaou S. Invited Commentary on “Traumatic Brain Injury: Imaging Patterns and Complications”. Radiographics. 2019 Oct;39(6):1595-1597.
- Mathur S, Dreisbach JG, Karur GR, Iwanochko RM, Morel CF, Wasim S, Nguyen ET, Wintersperger BJ, Hanneman K. Loss of base-to-apex circumferential strain gradient assessed by cardiovascular magnetic resonance in Fabry disease: relationship to T1 mapping, late gadolinium enhancement and hypertrophy. J Cardiovasc Magn Reson. 2019 Aug 1;21(1):45.
- Klostranec JM, Chen L, Mathur S, Faughnan ME, Ratjen F, Krings T. A Theory for Polymicrogyria and Brain AVMs in HHT Based on Radiogenomics. Neurology. 2019 Jan 1;92(1):34-42.
- Mathur S, O’Malley ME, Ghai S, Jhaveri K, Boraiah S, Margolis M, Zhong L, Maan H, Toi A. Correlation of 3T multiparametric prostate MRI using PIRADS version 2 with biopsy as reference standard Abdom Radiol (NY). 2019 Jan;44(1):252-258.
- Karur GR, Robison S, Iwanochko RM, Morel C, Crean AM, Thavendiranathan D, Nguyen E, Mathur S, Wasim S, Hanneman K. Left and Right Ventricular Cardiac MRI T1 mapping at 3T Differentiates Anderson-Fabry Disease from Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy. Radiology. 2018 Aug;288(2):398-406.
- Mathur S, Bharatha A, Huynh TJ, Aviv RI, Symons SP. Comparison of First-Pass CE-MRA and Multiphase Time Resolved MRA in Evaluation of Spinal Dural Arteriovenous Fistulas. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 2017; 38(1):206-212.
- Mathur S, Symons SP, Huynh TJ, Marotta T, Aviv RI, Bharatha A. First-Pass Contrast Enhanced MR Angiography in Evaluation of Treated Spinal Arteriovenous Fistulas: Is Catheter Angiography Necessary? AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 2017; 38(1):200-205.
- Mathur S, Symons SP, Huynh TJ, Muthuswami P, Montanera W, Bharatha A. First-Pass CEMRA for Pretherapeutic Diagnosis of Spinal Epidural AVFs with Intradural Venous Reflux. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 2017; 38(1):195-199.