Various sponsors provide funds to support different research needs (e.g. salary support, operating grants, infrastructure, dissemination, training, etc.). These sponsors include the Canadian Federal Government Agencies – CIHR, NSERC, SSHRC; provincial governments; non-profit foundations or societies; US NIH, etc.
Places to search for funding opportunities include:
- VPRI Update: A weekly newsletter for the Unity Health Toronto Research Community sent via email every Thursday to inform you about upcoming funding opportunities, and connect you to information on topics of potential interest.
- Pivot-RP (comprehensive international funding database): Create a profile with specific key words to receive new funding opportunities weekly.
- University of Toronto
- Tri-Council Funding
- NIH: U.S. medical research agency. See active opportunities.
- Grants.gov: find and apply for all U.S. federal grants including NIH.
- Other common international funding sources
- ProposalCENTRAL – Funding opportunities from government, non-profit, and private grant-making organizations.
- Trialect – US and international funding opportunities
Note: For international funding opportunities, check the eligibility criteria for applicants from a foreign institution.