The aim of the RTC Travel Award is to provide funding to support travel of trainees in order to enhance their research training experience in the area of knowledge dissemination and sharing. All trainees who receive the RTC Travel Award will present their project at a monthly seminar. There are 12 travel awards available annually; 6 for the period of January 1st – June 30th 2022 and 6 for the period of July 1st – December 30th 2022.
Please note, we will continue to offer our Conference Award to support trainees attending virtual conferences. Information on the Conference Award can be found here.
See Travel Award Criteria for more details:
|The Research Training Centre has a limited amount of funding to support travel of trainees in order to enhance their research training experience in the area of knowledge dissemination and sharing. Reimbursement of travel related expenses will be awarded for trainees presenting at national or international conferences.|
|Eligibility Criteria||- An applicant must be a full-time graduate student or post-doctoral fellow (registered with the RTC) at the time of the application, or within one year after completing the research that is being presented.
- The applicant must be 1st author presenter and the abstract must be accepted for presentation at a national or international conference.
- The applicant’s supervisor must hold an appointment as a scientist, adjunct scientist in the Keenan Research Centre or the Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute.
- One applicant per supervisor per annum (April 1 – March 31) can receive the funds.
- If you have received an award before, please note preference will be given to new applicants first.
- Preference will be given to those who have no external travel awards for the given travel
|Amount of Award||- The amount of the funding is up to a maximum of $1,000 per applicant.
- The funds can cover conference registration fees, travel expenses (I.E. air, train, taxi, etc) and accommodation costs.
- The funds do not cover meals, entertainment or poster material expenses
- Twelve awards will be given per year, six for conferences taking place between January 1 – June 30 and six more for conferences taking place between July 1– December 31.
|Please submit your application prior to attending the conference.
The travel funds will be awarded on a first come first serve basis. You must submit the
- Complete Application Form
|If awarded the trainee must submit the following:
- Provide copy of relevant abstract and notice of acceptance
- Provide proof of attendance.
- Proof of presentation at conference is required. (conference booklet)
- Funds will be reimbursed to the Supervisor’s research account if a copy of the original payment requisition is provided along with all the supporting documentation (proof of attendance to the conference and proof showing your supervisor has paid for the conference).
|Research Training Centre Coordinator
St. Michael’s Hospital
Please complete the RTC Travel Award Application Form and submit to email@example.com along with a copy of your conference abstract and notification of abstract acceptance. Note: You can submit receipts for reimbursement after the conference, however you must submit abstract acceptance letter along with your award application.
We will review applications on a rolling basis and get back to you as soon as possible.