Submit completed continuing review form
For eREB studies and migrated pre-eREB studies:
- Log into the Unity Health eREB to complete and submit a renewal. For information on creating an account and logging in, please see the eREB page. Guides on completing post-approval submissions can be found in the eREB.
For studies that are not yet migrated:
- Complete a continuing review form, with an original signature of the Unity Health Lead Applicant. In lieu of an original signature, the submission email can be sent by the PI or by a research team member with the PI cc’d.
- Submit an electronic copy of the complete submission to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “REB <REB Number> – Renewal”.
- Submissions that are incomplete or filled out using an out-of-date form will not be accepted.
- Continuing review forms should be submitted prior to the study expiry date, but no earlier than 60 days before expiry.
- The continuing review form cannot be used to submit documents to the REB for acknowledgement or approval. Amendments, safety information, and changes to investigators/study personnel should be submitted separately.
- Failure to submit a continuing review form by the study expiry date will result in study closure.
Review of the continuing review form by the Research Ethics Board
- During review of the continuing review application, the Research Ethics Coordinator will contact you for any clarifications or outstanding training certificates that are needed prior to renewing the study.
- The contact person for the continuing review will typically be the Research Ethics Coordinator that worked on the original application. If you don’t have a Research Ethics Coordinator, please email email@example.com.
Approval of the continuing review application
- Once the review is complete and all concerns have been addressed, the continuing review application will be approved.
- Your approval letter will be sent to you via email.